Senior Project Officer - Teddington
Senior Project Officer
Job Ref: 65536
Salary: GBP38,925 - GBP43,250
Closing date: 9th October 2017
The National Physical Laboratory (NPL) is one of the UK's leading science facilities and research centres. It is a world-leading centre of excellence in developing and applying the most accurate standards, science and technology available. NPL occupies a unique position as the UK's National Measurement Institute and sits at the intersection between scientific discovery and real world application. Its expertise and original research have underpinned quality of life, innovation and competitiveness for UK citizens and business for more than a century.
The Quantum Science department has an expanding portfolio of quantum technology serving the needs of multiple customers across UK government and industry and various European and international stakeholders. Research and development activities span fundamental and applied sciences and technologies from concept to commercialisation.
The projects will develop technologies that will be transitioned to high levels of technology readiness and include quantum sensors, quantum clocks and related systems integration activities as well as fundamental research supporting changes in definitions within the System of International units. You will be a part of a dynamic project management office working closely with technical teams to deliver projects within the Time & Frequency group and the Quantum Detection group.
Developing strong working relationships with NPL's world leading scientists, and external stakeholders and customers is essential to the successful of this role.
- Managing whole project lifecycles, including schedule, cost budget and quality criteria
- Ensuring that risks, critical paths, milestones and dependencies of projects are managed, controlled, reviewed, updated and communicated
- Use of interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with the customer and stakeholders
- Proactively communicating with the customer and stakeholders, keeping them fully informed of progress on a regular basis
- Ensuring the NPL's project management processes are applied consistently
- Providing novel and innovative ideas in order to continuously improve NPL's project management framework
Skills and Abilities
- Proactive working with staff across NPL, and our partners
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and self-motivated to produce high quality results
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interpret technical documents
- High quality, clear and concise writing style
- Ideally a degree level education and preferable an understanding of science
Fluency in written and spoken English is essential, as is proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office, and ability to travel both outside and within UK
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised cr??che, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Supporter.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.