National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath
Full time - 35 hours per week
£22,417.00 per annum Plus Excellent Benefits (starting salary is subject to experience)
Cats Protection (CP) is the UK's leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 190,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
As a Payroll Officer, you will assist the Payroll Manager with the provision of an efficient and effective payroll service, ensuring service users are provided with accurate information at all times. You will maintain and input payroll information in a precise and accurate manner.
- To assist with the preparation of the data for the monthly payroll run and others as authorised. This will include liaising with our adoption centres and charity shops and dealing with any variations as advised by the HR department.
- Processing of all new starters (dealing with P45/P46's and submission to HMRC).
- Processing of all leavers (issuing P45 and submitting to HMRC).
- Working with the Payroll Manager to ensure timely processing of all payrolls, including the dispatch of pay slips.
- Maintaining up-to-date payroll sick leave records, gathering the information from the Adoption Centre monthly returns and from data provided by the HR department.
- Assisting with staff queries as required on our pension and health scheme. Processing applications and ensuring deductions are made as appropriate.
- Assisting the Payroll Manager in providing reports from the payroll system and providing support to the HR department.
- Assisting the Payroll Manager with any project related or auditing work as and when required
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection's policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous payroll experience essential
- Experience of Open People payroll system
- Experience of inputting data accurately whilst working to deadlines
- Proven ability to multi-task and work unsupervised and accurately
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and provide a high level of customer service to individuals and departments
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good IT skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel to an intermediate level
- The ability to carry out validation checks
Please refer to the job description and person specification when submitting your cover letter.
Closing Date: 24th August 2017
Interview Date: TBC
To reward you, we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of Payroll Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Payroll Officer, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Officer, Accounts Clerk, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Finance, Financial.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, permanent