Secondary Schools Sales Consultant - Kent, SE London, East Sussex
- Term-time role (195 days per year)
We are Pearson, the world's leading learning company and we are looking for energetic, proactive and consultative sales professionals who have a passion for education. You will be part of the high performing National Sales team as a Secondary Sales Consultant covering the South East of England, managing your own territory to maximise your opportunities targeting Secondary schools. You will meet with key decision makers including Heads of Department, to understand their challenges and articulate how our products and services can support them in raising students' attainment.
A day in the life of a Pearson Sales Consultant???..
- Planning your strategy for targeting schools - working with data provided and CRM to identify opportunities
- Building your diary - booking your own and working with your local Account Team to secure meetings ensuring that your diary is geographically managed
- Meeting with key decision makers, insight conversations and presenting proposals
- Proactively identifying opportunities whilst out in territory
- Smart working - delivering remote meetings where necessary using desktop sharing technology
- Attending and presenting at events and cluster meetings
- Continually updating your knowledge of curriculum and our products and services to ensure you present the best proposition for the customer
Benefits of the role???.
- A job that fits around School term-time (195 days annually)
- Annual Sales bonus
- Ongoing Training and development with a Sales Academy launch this year
- Company car
- Competitive pension scheme
- Red letter day points (linked to sales revenue) to spend on life's luxuries
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee discounts
This is afield based role, covering the South East of England. Your territory will include:
Kent, Medway, East Sussex and South East London
Your time will be spent meeting customers face to face, but where this is not possible you will conduct remote meetings from home. A company car will be provided. You will be expected to be out meeting schools for 3-4 days a week.
So who are we looking for??????
You don't need to have any prior experience in the Education sector, although we do like to hire people who have a genuine interest in this sector. We provide a layered approach to training with the opportunity to shadow experienced colleagues in order to gain knowledge.
We do require you to have experience of successfully managing a sales territory, consultative B2B sales, have excellent organisational skills and the ability to assimilate information independently and deliver new information to a range of key decisions makers. Last but not least you need to have a positive and determined attitude to work.
So if you have a passion for connecting with people, influencing others and are driven to supporting schools in achieving the best for their learners, then we would love to meet you to discuss the role further.
Please include (along with your CV) a brief covering letter outlining:
Your current situation, why you are looking for a new role
Why this role is of interest
What relevant skills/attributes you have for this role
Current salary (including bonus/car etc)
At Pearson, the Global Leader in Education Services, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Closing date for applications - Weds 23rd Aug
Interviews will be held on THURS 31st Aug in London - please keep this day free