Product Strategy Manager
Product Strategy Manager
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Product Development
Location: West London (Feltham)
Hours: Full-time. Mon-Fri.
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 plus bonus and benefits
A market leader in the betting and gaming sector seeks a Product Strategy Manager to be accountable for developing the '12 months plus' product strategy for the entire UK retail gaming market.
The Product Strategy Manager will focus on opportunities to develop our product ranges to meet the needs of our customers and the end players. This will involve market analysis and segmentation and delivering high level business cases and proof of concept initiatives. Working with our Product Development team you will bring these ideas to life and ensure that both company and our customers generate the maximum benefit from product solutions.
The ideal candidate will understand the importance of product strategy and how this is translated into actions that help a business succeed. Gaming experience is not essential to this role as we can teach you everything you need to know about the subject matter. It's more important that the candidate has experience of creating strategies and turning them into deliverable plans that help a business to both satisfy existing customers and also create new revenue opportunities. We're looking for a commercially led candidate who isn't afraid to build and champion a case for doing new things in order to help evolve our product range to meet the future needs of the market.
* Propose, refine and agree product strategies for each of the retail market sectors that we operate within (LBO, Arcades, Bingo, Casino)
* Provide strategic input into overall company strategy and ensure that Product strategies for the UK market deliver the business objectives
* Propose new opportunities (products and/or markets) and create high level business cases to provoke and support discussion within the business
Market and Competitor Management
* Carry out competitor and customer visits
* Work with Account Management team to act as central owner of market and competitor information
* Create, refine and communicate market and customer segmentations that help inform customer and product strategies
* Ensure that current and future product ranges are relevant and competitive within each customer/market segment
* Work with marketing and accounts teams to deliver prototype and proof of concept solutions to help inform future product development
* Design and deliver technology an innovation programme to highlight potential new technology solutions that could be incorporated into our future product range
* Deliver ongoing product engagement and training sessions for internal teams to help them to bring the product strategy to life for our customers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Previous experience leading and developing product management strategies across at least one product/sector
* Commercial ownership of definition and delivery of product strategies - particularly in premium quality market leading product sectors
* Design, review and ongoing ownership of market/segmentation strategies and examples of how this has impacted the overall product strategy
* Strategic thinking and an ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth in new businesses and markets
* Creation, review and management of business cases - including using business cases as a tool for management of prioritisation
* Experience working with multiple project delivery stakeholders - ideally using multiple teams/companies to deliver consolidated solutions
* Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a consultative approach
* Proven examples of taking new technology from idea stage through to at least proof of concept (and ideally full delivery)
* Experienced and comfortable leading colleagues and customers in group sessions (e.g. Blue Sky sessions, high level solution design discussions, market segmentation reviews)
* Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel, Visio)
* Analytics and financial modelling - particularly with regards to pricing and demand management
* Experience in customer research from design/briefing through to delivery
* Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies (API's, Big Data) and how they are used to empower businesses to deliver great products
* Experience in a competitive and fast moving market sector - including evidence as to how their role has contributed to excellent product performance
* Experience of working in a B2B environment
* Formal Product Management qualification would be an advantage but is not essential
* Gaming or Leisure product background.
Our employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.
Please send us your details via 'Apply', and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.
Apply for Product Strategy Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly