Our client is looking for someone to join their team as the Administrative Manager within a family owned and run care home environment. The successful candidate will be organised, IT literate and proactive. Above all the successful candidate will have a good attitude, a caring nature and a willingness to learn and work constructively within a high performing team environment. Our client is rated ‘OUTSTANDING' by the CQC, the industry regulator - one of only 68 nursing homes to achieve this, of c.5,000 inspected).
- Front of house duties e.g. Greet visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, and guide them to the appropriate staff member. Operate phone / fax / e-mail / office equipment, as appropriate. Receive and distribute mail.
- Manage administrative running of the home e.g. provisions ordering, booking routine maintenance for equipment, managing supplier contracts.
- Draft and implement duty roster (including covering shifts as necessary).
- Monitor and record staff hours, absence and holiday.
- Proactively manage occupancy e.g. follow leads, conduct viewings, fill beds.
- Manage admission and discharge process for residents.
- Administer recruitment and induction of additional staff as required e.g. place adverts, arrange interviews, manage DBS account
- Initiate, monitor and update staff records.
- Initiate, monitor and update non-clinical resident records
- Manage non-clinical team members.
- Receive, log and monitor all monies received.
- Manage petty cash account and work with Finance Director to monitor account
- Log and monitor incoming invoices and accounts and liaise with Finance Director regarding payment.
- Conduct mandatory Health & Safety related audits and initiate solutions as required.
- Work closely with other management and Directors to ensure smooth running of the home.
- Undertake other duties, as necessary.
- Caring nature
- ‘Good' attitude - open to continuous improvement
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good knowledge of IT
- Calm temperament
- Positive and enthusiastic nature
- Team focussed
- Mindset of wanting to go the extra mile to do a great job
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full time - normal office hours
EXPERIENCE: This is a senior role and so it is anticipated that the successful candidate will have significant prior workplace experience. Prior experience within the care sector is not a pre-requisite. A caring nature and a positive attitude are more important to us than prior industry experience.
LOCATION: West Sussex (Burgess Hill)
SALARY: Indicative £10-12 per hour
START DATE: End August 2017 but may be negotiable for the right candidate
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering note using the link provided,