Finance Manager / Financial Accountant / Management Accountant
Job Titles: Finance Manager
Location: Kenley, near Croydon
Salary: £36,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week, 5 days per week: Mon - Fri 9.00a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Additional benefits: 25 days' holiday per annum plus statutory bank holidays and auto enrolment into the Association's pension scheme.
Closing Date: Friday 18th August 2017
The organisation is a charitable Housing Association formed in 1981 to assume full responsibility for the housing and homes for the elderly provided by the Croydon Guild of Voluntary Organisations, now known as Croydon Voluntary Action.
The charitable Housing Association specialising in Supported Housing for the Elderly are now seeking to recruit an ambitious or developing finance person to provide financial and business administration services to its largest client.
This role of Finance Manager will provide all aspects of financial administration and support services including services to operational Local Committees and the main Board of Management in accordance with the Service Level Agreement.
- Responsible for all functions of rent accounts, including rent reviews, monthly direct debit collection, weekly rent posting and account reconciliation.
- Process payroll on a monthly basis, ensuring that statutory returns/payments to the Inland Revenue and pension scheme are made.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Accounts payable function, ensuring invoices for externally provided services are authorised and paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that accurate records and supporting documentation is kept and maintained in line with the Association's procedures.
- Produce and monitor weekly/monthly cash flows as required by the Association.
- Responsible for maintaining the Asset Register and the administration of Component Accounting.
- Review and develop financial procedures, particularly for monitoring internal/external audit feedback and maintaining robust financial controls.
- Produce management accounts on a monthly basis for each Local Chairman to support the management of individual schemes.
- Production of annual financial statements and year-end audit schedules
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Senior Management and external providers.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
- Previous experience within a Management Accountant or similar role is essential.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and reporting, including production of annual financial statements and liaising with external auditors.
- Proven experience in implementing and monitoring financial controls.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office packages.
- First rate verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to problem solve with a keen eye for detail.
The successful candidate will be able to adopt a 'hands on' approach to all aspects of this role. Previous knowledge of financial processes within a Housing Association environment along with up to date knowledge of charity legislation would be advantageous but is not essential.
A Standard Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.
The company is committed to Equality and Diversity.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the application form.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Accountant, Chartered Accountancy, Bookkeeper, Revenue Accountant, Finance Manager, Head of Finance, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountancy, Senior Accountant, Financial Accountant, Revenue Accountancy, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Finance Manager / Financial Accountant / Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly