Market Development Manager
Job title: Market Development Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Number of Positions: 2
Posting date: 31/07/2017
Closing date for applications: 28/08/2017
Are you a results driven marketing professional who enjoys thinking outside of the box? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are you now looking for that next challenge?
We are looking for a Market Development Manager to join our team.
One of two Market Development Managers, this role is responsible for day to day management and implementation of innovative marketing activity for Air New Zealand in the UK and European markets. This is a highly varied role in a motivating, challenging and fun environment. Supporting the Head of Marketing UK & Europe, you will help to develop and implement effective campaigns in line with strategic objectives that drive demand and revenue and strengthen Air New Zealand's brand and product awareness with consumers and the trade.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing marketing activities to support sales and drive revenue growth in the trade and consumer channels within the UK and Europe.
- Primary objectives are to:
- increase our brand and product awareness in market
- grow demand for Air New Zealand services
- generate bookings
- Managing and optimising all trade and consumer market development activity on a day to day basis.
- Providing strategic and creative input to define effective marketing and trade activity plans.
- Developing campaign strategies.
- Working with agencies and internal teams to develop engaging creative concepts.
- Supporting our international media buy.
- Planning and creating our trade and consumer activities content.
- Key member of the team liaising with our creative and media agencies.
- Supporting Air New Zealand's sales team to develop and grow existing business with key accounts through supporting collateral, development of bespoke promotions & joint external planning meetings.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting of leisure marketing budget.
- Monitoring and reporting on competitive activity in the region, reviewing and keeping abreast of competitors' campaigns.
- Being a customer advocate and ensuring we know our customers better than our competitors do.
- Track and report response and revenue generated from all activity.
- Contribute to developing our annual regional business plan and budget.
- Working collaboratively with other business units (in region and internationally) to ensure we work efficiently and consistently.
- Working closely with external partners to align consumer and trade activities and to identify and execute joint venture campaigns where appropriate.
- Proactively looking for new and innovative ways of communicating to our target markets.
Market Development Managers are key in ensuring our team works efficiently and collaboratively with other internal teams across the globe, and also work closely with all of our external partners (including trade operators, tourism boards and other airlines).
This is a multi-faceted role and requires marketing experience; flexibility to handle last minute requests and a can do attitude to manage a dynamic workload and fast-paced environment.
The candidate must also have the following:
- Marketing-related degree
- 5-7 years of professional advertising and/or marketing experience
- Experience in managing an advertising/creative agency
- Experience in international media buy
- Experience in developing and implementing integrated advertising/marketing campaigns
- Experience and familiarity with all media types - both online and offline
- Experience working with multiple partners and stakeholders to deliver campaigns
- Experience promoting an Australasian company and/or destination
- Airline and/or trade operator experience
- Large scale project management
- Budget management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others to adopt recommendations
- Ability to handle multiple projects within budget parameters Ability to prioritise
- Attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions and work under pressure, think on his/her feet and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work as a member of a high performance team
- Creative thinker who can “think outside the box”
- Ability to grasp the “bigger picture” and translate into action
- Commitment to the value of teamwork and work cooperatively
- Experience in using Ensighten, Silverpop, Bright Analytics and Google Analytics
- Experience in planning, managing, and reporting events
- Experience in brand management
- Experience in managing commercial partnerships (such as airline joint ventures)
- Sponsorship experience
The role will require regular travel within the UK and abroad.
If you're up for the challenge, apply now