Everyday our database is rapidly increasing with data of registered stem cell donors as well as monetary donors and other supporters. The Database Administrator is responsible for ensuring data is accurate and kept up to date. As the first point of contact for queries, you will provide excellent customer service to our external stakeholders.
DKMS is a global family of organisations that started in Germany in 1991 around one family's search for a donor. Dr. Peter Harf founded DKMS in honour of Peter's wife Mechtild, who had sadly lost her battle with blood cancer.
DKMS has grown to become the world's largest stem cell donor centre. Over 61,000 people have made a potentially lifesaving blood stem cell donation since 1991. Today, over 7 million potential donors have registered across the five countries in Germany, the US, Poland, the UK and in Spain. Since starting in 2013, DKMS UK has registered over 270,000 potential donors.
Administration and Data Management Department:
The Administration Department is responsible for office management, facilities management, data administration and IT support. As the first point of contact for enquiries, the department maintains the highest level of service to both internal and external stakeholders and is responsible for the quality assurance of our data.
• To answer questions via email and phone from registered donors, supporters or patients and cover Reception Desk as and when required.
• To administer, adjust and change contact details in the database coming in via phone, email and post,
• To handle consent forms and contact donors regarding exclusions, blocks, missing or incorrect data.
• To identify and clean duplicate records liaising with data entry company where relevant
• To organise the data import of new online donors on a daily basis, verify incorrect addresses and prepare data for export.
• To administer mass mailings (donor cards, swab kits, HLA results etc.) and handle returns.
• Process returned swabs (scanning onto system and organising dispatch to the lab).
• To assist the Office Administrator as and when required in the handling of post and deliveries.
• To extract data and prepare statistics to support departments.
• Maintain confidentiality of donor and supporter data and ensure best practice standards are adhered too.
• Provide support for ad hoc projects such as CRM implementation,
• Any other duties as requested by the Head of Administration and Data Management
• Educated to degree level with relevant database management experience.
• Highly confident in working with large databases/CRM. Experience using Salesforce would be an advantage.
• Experienced in handling a large address data pool.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Excellent customer service with ability to demonstrate sensitivity and empathy.
• Strong command of the English language.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal with a friendly telephone manner.
• Well organised with strong attention to detail.
• Collaborative working style and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team and independently.
• Proactive and flexible.
• Strong passion for the DKMS mission.
Conditions of Employment:
Location: London, Chiswick
Salary: £25,000 per Annum
Hours: 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday (9am - 5pm)
25 days' holiday per annum (plus public holidays).
Department: Administration and Data Management
Responsible to: Head of Administration and Data Management
Direct Reports: None
Opportunity to join contributory pension scheme (after six months of service). Automatic enrolment staging date: May 2017.
If you are interested in this Database Administrator role, please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Database Administrator role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.